Thursday, January 5, 2012

Devils Angels and Dating - short film

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!

It gives me immense pleasure to kick start this New Year on this blog with this wonderful film I was a part of. It's my first ever experience to work in a production on a global scale (online). Although I worked on only ONE shot, I did learn an enormous lot, thanks to the awesomely talented (and patient) director Michael Cawood! (Here's the entire thread on the WIPs along with Mike's notes if you'd like to read.)

BTW this entire film was made based purely on sheer volunteer work. That's right, no budget!! It's amazing what a team can achieve given the right direction.


Another reason why this film is special to me is because it came to me as a boon during my bed rest period. Due to my accident, I lost my job and I was looking for that one opportunity to prove my mettle. Things looked bleak because I physically couldn't go to work anywhere. And nothing really challenging came my way via freelance!

That's when I stumbled upon this project and since then, there's been no looking back! My friend Sathya deserves a special mention here for introducing me to it. :)

So I really thank Mike for taking me in and giving me this golden opportunity to be a part of a global team.

Looking forward to being a part of more of such great adventures.

P.S. The film is translated to different languages on YouTube. Just click on the 'CC' button.

4 comments:

sathya said...

Man man man... i just saw your name on the CREDITS :D wow.. Thats awesome :D :D :D Thanks for sharing man. It was just GREAT :)

Dapoon said...

Thanks Sathya! It's all thanks to you though! YOU introduced me to it! :D

sathya said...

No man i didn't do anything. But dooood its you who made it through.
Its your work and i guess you are the only Indian Animator to participate in that. Right ? Thats awesome :) And am glad that you have learnt alot. Cheers man :)

Dapoon said...

Haha! No Sathya. There were a few more Indians involved in that film. You can check their names in the credits. :)